Featured Posts from Dr. West
- 100 Tips For Losing 10 Pounds
1. Drink plenty of water. Our body needs a lot of water so give in to water. Water is not just way to flush out toxin but if you have more water in your body you will generally feel healthier and fitter. This it self will discourage any tendency to gorge. The best thing about water is that is has...
- Why your doctor says your thyroid is “normal”
I get requests on a regular basis to help people get their thyroid hormones balanced. Most of them are women as they are generally more susceptible to hypothyroid. By far the most common complaint I hear is, "My doctor said my thyroid test came back normal but I don't feel normal." When they go back to their doctor to insist...
- Testosterone Basics
The goal of testosterone replacement therapy is to replace the lowered testosterone at physiologic doses. At this proper dosing, the body's reaction to testosterone is a restored youthful response in all body tissues. What we are trying to do is replicate the previous testosterone levels by restoring them throughout the body. Too much, and the body responds by increasing estrogen...
- Why you need HCG if you are on testosterone therapy.
Let’s just get to the basics… What is HCG? HCG stands for Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. It is medically used to induce ovulation in females and to stimulate testosterone production in males. HCG requires a prescription and is injected into the subcutaneous fat or in the muscle tissue. How does HCG work? For this discussion, we will be focusing on the...
- Chapter 2. Achieving Your Optimal Health
We are so engrained in the instant gratification that our society puts forth. We want instant everything; instant rice, 500 channels with nothing on the TV, a refrigerator full of food, and if there is no food, a pizza will be at the door in 30 minutes. Optimal health is like your wealth. It is not an instant process, we...